A cataract is an eye condition that most of us have to deal with at some point in our lives. Removal of cataracts through cataract surgery in Scottsdale is the only way the condition can be resolved. The patients who have undergone cataract surgery in Scottsdale have improved and sharper vision as they advance. However, the improvements are not immediate, and it takes a specific amount of time. Even though some patients may be able to see well within a few days, for some, the recovery time could take as long as three months. The time for cataract recovery is often minimal and mild. However, various factors could influence the speed of recovery.
You should not be surprised if you feel the vision to be a bit cloudy after the completion of surgery. The recovery process differs from one person to another. The eyes will take considerable time to completely adjust to the newly inserted intraocular lens within your eye.
You may feel the below-mentioned symptoms from time to time, even after completing cataract surgery in Scottsdale.
- Distorted Vision
- Redness in the eye is caused due to the temporary damage to blood vessels in the eye
- Dryness in the eye
A visit to the eye clinic is desirable the next day after surgery. During the visit, the doctor will determine whether the surgery was successful and that there are no complications for the patient to worry about. Significant changes will be visible to the patient a few days after the completion of surgery. However, if the pain does not go away, it is highly recommended to visit the doctor.
Tips for Speedy Recovery
The first two weeks after cataract surgery in Scottsdale is important. The patient should ensure the timely following of safety precautions. It is a stage in which the eye is undergoing healing and recovery.
- It would be best if you did not rub the eyes that have undergone cataract surgery in Scottsdale, irrespective of any irritation being felt in the eyes.
- It would be best to avoid eye irritants such as dust, pollen, and dirt.
- The presence of pool chlorine can cause harm to the eye that has undergone cataract surgery in Scottsdale. Therefore you should avoid swimming for close to one month.
- Stay away from performing activities such as workouts for 7 days from the day of surgery.
- Wear eye protection such as sunglasses that prevent the eye from the sun’s harmful effects.
- Use eye drops as and when suggested by the doctor.